Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I Choose the LGBTQ Community over the Bible: Am I Hell Bound?

Would I Care? by Nwachi (Dr. T) Tafari

I wonder….

if I had a box

large enough

to cover

my

entire

body,

except

for a hole,

a tremendous hole,

large enough to poke out

my entire cock,

except for my rocks,

would I know whose

naughty

lips drank of me?

Man?

Woman?

Black?

White?

Indonesian?

Monkey?

Atheist?

Taoist?

Heterosexual?

Bi-sexual?

Queer?

Lesbian?

(Scratch Lesbian.)

As I came,

would I care?



I grew locks and eat as the Old Testament dictates to be closer to my notions of the Creator.  However, I will never, not for one moment denounce one person from the LGBTQ community based on their sexuality.  Some folk close to me have told me that I should openly denounce folk based on their sexuality; moreover, if I don’t, then I going against God.  Then I am hell bound for sure because I believe in my clients’ humanity more than I believe in the testament of the bible or in any religion. 

Many of my clients have come from the LGBTQ community; moreover, many of them come to my office feeling ashamed of who they are.  Being ashamed of self comes with psychological consequences.  Dr. Beverly Greene, author of the chapter African American Lesbians and Gay Men: Life Between a Rock and a Hard Place, writes “Psychological health is predicated on the acceptance and integration of the disparate elements of the self and family, in both the biological and nation or ethnic sense.”  In other words, human sanity is dependent upon us taking the different parts of self and accepting all of self.  I urge all of my clients to love and accept themselves at all cost.  Loving self is the most important human, spiritual act in my humble opinion.  Loving self is loving the Creator's creation.

The folk of the LGBTQ community who were raised on Christian values or who remain Christian all have probably heard or read Leviticus 18:22.  Many conservative Christians have used this particular scripture to denounce certain sexual practices and loving relationships, label them as sins.  Interestingly enough, there is more than one version of that particular scripture; moreover, in older versions of the bible deep, emotionally charged same sex relationships exist among the chosen, which some scholars interpret as sexual in nature.

In understanding the bible, all Christians must read and interpret the bible for themselves.  I have read the bible from cover to cover, and I believe parts of it to be bullshit, written to oppress.  The following passage was used during slavery to keep the practice of slavery Godly and legal:

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)
 
Sounds like bullshit to me.  Excuse me for the cursing, for cursing is not language that I like to represent who I am; however, I want you to know exactly where I stand.  The Creator has given me the ability to coach as a gift, and it would be a sin to withhold a gift from humans in need.

            I truly hope that I am not hell bound, for hell doesn’t sound like a cool place to be.  On the other hand, I am willing to risk my soul on the notion that denying any people based on race, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability, age,… from the healing practices is the quickest and surest way to hell.



I am honored to serve you. For one complimentary coaching session, give me a call or shoot me an e-mail.

Your Servant,

Nwachi (Dr. T.) Tafari

Life and Sex Coach

336.662.7777



twitter: @drtsexcoach

2 comments:

Empress said...

WOW! Dr. T, you went in on this one fo sho! I hear you loudly and clearly and applaud for being so candid. I agree with you. A lot of people forget that our doctrines are chronologically and socially dictated - the rules are based on when and what's going on. Therefore, we need to learn how to believe in humanity - as its beauty is in its evolution.

Dr. T. said...

Empress thank you for the kind words. In this particular post I really wanted my clients and readership that I have a humanistic foundation and that foundation directs my coaching practice.